Four Ways Your Brand Can Be More Appealing
- brand building, brand communication, brand identity, branding, brands, business growth, business tips, shift masterclass
- brand building, brand identity, brand identity design, branding, business, business growth, business tips, clients, growth, prospecting, prospects
- July 14, 2020
I think it would be safe to say that every day new businesses are set up. Whether or not it will succeed is another story altogether and statistics show that most do not. For some, it is simply a case of starting on the wrong foot with things like poor information on the market, poor brand identity design or poor communication. The list is as long as the number of failed ventures.
One of the things I have found is a cause for these failures is that some businesses never found a way to endear themselves to their audience. They focused so much on sales and growing followers (especially in this day of social media growth) and nothing else. This tends to wear out and alienate many people, if not most of them, so it should be avoided at all costs.
Here are four short ways to make your brand more appealing to people and give it a better chance of success in the market:
1. Engage Often: Don’t fall for that lie that responding quickly to enquiries and random comments means you’re weak, idle or desperate. Delaying to make yourself look busy or like a “boss” can cost you a referral or a client. People over time can also conclude you’re being aloof and arrogant.
2. Be Bold: Contrary to popular belief, some people can tell when you’re faking it. And even if they can’t, people tend to gravitate more towards confident delivery.
3. Share Tips Freely: People are so consumed with selling and growing followers that they never share anything. Whether it is something deep or something simple, learn to share freely so that others can learn.
4. Share Your Excitement: Your brand doesn’t have to be Red Bull or Lucozade Boost for it to be exciting because excitement isn’t always about noise or high activity. Sometimes it’s about being upbeat, warm and inviting.
Avoid making posts or videos that come across as depressing or weary. It’s one thing to share a story that is emotional for a reason and it:s another to present your brand like something boring.
That’s about it. Pretty simple, right? There are of course many other things one can do but these are a good way to start.
All the best!